Friday, February 27, 2004

Beginnings

Feb 27, 2004 8:30 am (Nagoya)
Feb 26, 2004 6:30 pm (Ottawa)

I have just awoken after my first night in Japan. It is not the most pleasant sleep I've ever had, despite how tired I was when I went to bed.

The "bed" itself is a Japanese style futon (a mat on the floor), which is exactly what I wanted. Unfortunately there were 2 factors preventing my proper sleep.
1) The pillow is a rediculously hard bag of little pellet things. It's like trying to rest your head on a bag of gravel.
2) The heater for this apartment was apparently set to "air condition", so it was very cold.

I spent 45 mins figurig out how to turn it to the "heat" mode after waking up. So at least tonight should be better.

In a couple of hours I'm going to try to find Michelle. The apartment she was given is supposed to be walking distance from here. Unfortunately with my sense of direction I may be unable to find her. Hell, I may be unable to find home after I leave my front door.

"Koko wa doko desu ka"