Wednesday, February 18, 2004

My Shadow

I was speaking with my friend Bryan today about an old journal I used to keep online. He asked me why I didn't transfer any of the old entries over to this journal, and why there wasn't even a link for it on this new site.

Lisa recently asked me something similar, about why I didn't like people reading the old journal.

Truth be told I don't really mind people reading the old journal. I enjoy re-reading it myself from time to time. However, I haven't included the posts here because I was a very different person back then. I don't really like being viewed like that anymore.

In many ways I'm ashamed of the person I see when I read the beginning of that old diary. Insecure, lonely, depressed, the sad shadow following behind me no matter how quickly I try to move on.

Perhaps I'm doing an injustice to my younger self though. I have grown a great deal since he and I were the same, but he'll always be a part of me. Some of the later ones actually do a lot to explain the kind of person I am.

So here is a link to my old journal entries, and I'll quote my younger self as introduction. "Don't take them too seriously, but don't dismiss them out of hand."
http://www.angelfire.com/va/Primogen/Thoughts/