Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Meena to the Rescue

Feb 15, 2005 8:58 PM (Shimodate)
Feb 15, 2005 6:58 AM (Ottawa)

Today was a great day. I got most of my final financial arrangements done in preparation for moving out. That has been worrying me a lot lately. No problem now it seems.

My Japanese teachers offered to take me out to dinner tomorrow night. I am looking forward to it.

The best part was when Meena solved 90% of my problems with returning to Ottawa.

I will be staying with my Dad temporarily, but I had no idea about how I was going to get a longer term apartment I could afford. Any place I tried to rent would be expensive, or ask me to sign a long lease. Given that I am not sure how long I intend to stay in Ottawa, and need to save money, this was not ideal.

Today Meena offered me a room at her apartment with terms that are better than I imagined possible. She says I can live there as long as I want "Even if just for a month". So she has given me what I was most afraid I had lost, a choice about what comes next.

Meena lives in Gatineau, which is a little farther than I like from Ottawa. She spends a lot of time in Ottawa too though, and she tells me it is only about a half hour commute. She has satellite TV, and Internet access.

Best of all?

Meena is a great friend, and always has been.

I may move elsewhere to get closer to the city after awhile, or I may return to Asia. Living with Meena for now sounds like an amazing opportunity though! I am pretty sure I will accept.

Japanese Pet-Peeve: My gas bill.... OUCH!

Oh Canada: I might actually get a chance to do some LARP gaming again.