Saturday, January 29, 2005

Time Warped Mind

Jan 29, 2005 11:38 PM (Shimodate)
Jan 29, 2005 9:38 AM (Ottawa)

There is a big party coming up with all the Peppy teachers in my area. Both the Japanese teachers, and the English speaking ones.

Apparently there is a tradition at parties like this to put on a little demonstration. The Japanese teachers are going to do a magic show, a hula dancing, and a skit. They were upset that the English speaking teachers had nothing planned to contribute.

Somehow this is where I came in. I had the random thought that it would be funny to teach the Japanese staff to dance to "Time Warp" from Rocky Horror Picture Show. So I stupidly mentioned the idea to Karla. She loved it.

So now I am going to teach all the English speaking teachers to do the Time Warp (10 Teachers) so that we can teach the Japanese staff at the party (40 teachers).

The end result?

50 teachers dancing the Time Warp in a restaurant in Japan... What was I thinking?

Japanese Pet-Peeve: They don't sell Kraft Dinner. Need I say more? How sad is THAT?

Oh Canada: I want to catch up on all the Smallville episodes I missed.