Friday, April 16, 2004

Fishbowl

April 16, 2004 7:53am (Shimodate)
April 15, 2004 6:52pm (Ottawa)

Life in a fishbowl.

They warn you before coming to Japan that you will be stared at. You generally don't notice it though. At the moment I'm noticing it very strongly, I'm sitting at a train stop and some 14 year old (my guess) school girl is hovering around me.

I was trying to draw a minute ago, but she kept leaning over me. It was distracting so I stopped. Her name tag says her name is Sakura, she doesn't really look like it though. She looks more like a Haruka.

Sakuras are suppsoed to be cute. She's definately not.

I think she's probably very shy. She seems to want to say something to me, but just as she's about to she stops herself and stares at the ground. Very un-Sakura like!!!!

HA!! She has an Inuyasha plushy hanging from her backpack, at least that is somewhat cute.

She's actually not very interesting, certainly not journal-worthy under normal circumstances. Writing about her changes the perspective though. Now I'm not in a fishbowl, she's under my microscope.