Monday, January 26, 2004

My Life! Get Your Own!

I have the following message for health food enthusiasts: "Screw off you grass eating loons, and let me enjoy my food."

I'm getting truly sick of health fanatics and how they feel it is their moral obligation to tell me when I'm doing something that doesn't fit with this ideal they have of what is healthy.

Are you my mother?

Is it absolutely necessary to your continued existance that you tell me that having syrup on pancakes will cost me my life?

Are you being paid by some sadistic food mogul to ensure that I never enjoy a meal in your presence?

I want to make this painfully clear to you all. I don't care what you have to say about my lifestyle. Not in any way, shape or form.

Your opinion carries the weight of a feather, and I wish you'd blow away.

You can take anything and everything your naturopathic doctor ever told you, and shove it up the orifice of your choice. That would be a more useful way of spending your time than trying to convince me that I should drink boiled leaves instead of orange juice.

There are several reasons I hate this behaviour. I'll explain just one of them in the hopes you will decide to re-engage your minds while reading this.

I live a much different lifestyle than most people I know. I don't drink alcohol, I don't touch drugs, and I won't have sex until I'm married. These were decisions I made regarding my lifestyle, and not once have I ever suggested to anyone else that they adopt them. Nor have I ever looked down on or ridiculed anyone that lived differently than me.

Until now.

Because I damn well do look down upon self-righteous twits that think they have the right to tell others how to live. Even if it's just insistantly criticizing what I eat when you're around me. Leave off!

It's my bloody life, not your's. You are cordially invited to mind your own business.