Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Random Update

7:24 PM July 3, 2007 (Pembroke)
It's been a long time since I updated my journal. This is partly because there is very little going on in my life right now, and partly because I have no Internet at home.
Living without Internet in Japan wasn't terribly difficult, I had a lot of other things going on to distract me. I find that being without it in Pembroke is dull though. I re-read old stories, re-watch old anime, and wonder what is going on in the world outside this backwater town. I will have to get Internet soon, or I may go insane.
Bryan came to visit a few days ago, I dragged him along with me to Shots. It wasn't as busy there as usual, but there were enough people for me to show him what I meant about the crowd being different. The people at Shots tend to be older than you normally see at clubs, and it is a favorite hunting ground for cougars. The first time I ever went to Shots I women who looked to be in their 40s making out with guys who I didn't think were old enough to have walked through the door. My first thought was "ewww" and my second was "fake IDs must be easy to get around here".
I was doing pretty well financially until recently, my computer suddenly started to crap out on me and it cost me around $250 to get it fixed. I have to pay tuition in 2 weeks, and after that I'm going to be dirt poor. Hopefully I can scrape enough together to cover tuition again in January without a student loan, but at this point it's looking unlikely. That's why I don't have Internet at home right now, I'm trying to save some money.
I was chatting with Jen the other day and invited her down for Halloween again, and she surprised me by saying "maybe". That's a lot more positive response than I was expecting considering how much it would cost her to fly down here for the occasion. It'll be great if she makes it. I've already got Bryan and Lisa booked for the occasion.