Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Wait Listed again

Tuesday April 04, 2006 8:30 PM (Ottawa)
Tuesday April 04, 2006 9:30 AM (Japan)

I got the results back from my college application today, I'm on the waiting list again.

Last time it was understandable, I delayed in applying because of other things going on in my life. By the time I applied the class actually said "wait listed" next to the name on the application form. That doesn't explain this time though.

I applied within the "Equal consideration" time period, and according to the testing department my tests ranked in the highest category. How could I possibly end up on the waiting list again? Do you have to be a member of the Illuminati to get into Early Childhood Education?

So far this year they've accepted me to Computer Systems Technician, Computer Programing, Computer Engineering, and Business Information Systems. I don't even want to take those programs. I just applied because there were more blank spaces on the form.

So what do I do now folks?

I'm not interested in taking a computer based college program. Computer Systems Technician sounds mildly interesting, but not enough to justify paying several thousand dollars and 2 years of my life for the degree.

I want ECE.
I want Japan.

Instead I'm sitting back looking at the prospect of more time at Convergys. I like my job, but returning was a big step backwards for me. I don't think I can handle it for another year. I need to get out of here.

I may be moving to China for a couple years, it's the only backup plan I can think of. It'll REALLY screw with my attempts at learning Japanese though.